My Babies!

My Babies!
One, two, three reasons to follow the Lord!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Starting off..

OK.. just got done reading my friend's Lauren's blog and now I'm inspired to start one of my own. I love the idea of it. Almost like a prayer journal. Ok, so I chose the title of the blog because that is how I'm feeling and the quote came from Anne Graham Lots new book "Magnificent Obsession" that I am reading. (which everyone needs to pick up and ready by the way!!)

So, after being in the work force since the age of 18, I am now a 33 year old stay at home mom to a 9 year old daughter, a 5 year old daughter and a 10 month old baby boy. I'm not doing anything in the current church we are attending and I feel like I'm just "hanging out". I don't know my place in God's kingdom or His plan. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing? I don't understand my purpose right now?

So.. the quote. "wasting my wilderness years". Anne talks about the same thing in her book(stay at home mom, not sure about her call from God) when her mother told her not to "waste her wilderness years" In other words... take this time of break to study.. grow.. learn.. draw closer to the Lord then ever before so when your time comes, and that call comes, you will be ready.

This is my blog.. my journey through the wilderness. My time of waiting and preparing. And so I will write my thoughts, my struggles and achievements. I will write and hopefully see myself grow in my faith and relationship with God. So, when I get my call. When I hear that voice say.. "I need you and it is your time" I will be ready.

So.. here we go!!

Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment